My "Me" Box (book)
My Nana's old amber pendant (I chose elements with meaning)
I carried on the Fall theme with the copper skeleton leaves
which is why I chose Fall-like elements.
I started out by gessoing the paper mache blank inside and out and then rubbed on various colors of distress ink. I picked a photo of me and framed it in fall ribbon. I knew I wanted to do a Fall theme because I LOVE Fall and I was born in the fall. Once I had the theme it just pulled itself together. I cut off the back of a vintage book cover and glued it on the base. I also distressed and gessoed that a bit as well. I then glued on my photo, canvas stickers, leaves, door plate and buttons. Let the glue dry overnight to make sure everything is secure. I then traced the elements with my sketch and wash pencil to bring them out a bit more. Next I glued the smaller paper mache box inside in the center. I stamped a leaf stamp with Brown Staz On Ink. I cut out a place in the top of the box to embed the green leaf pendant and secured that with glue and gold paper on the back of that. I distressed the smaller box as well. Then found my elements that meant a lot to me, created tags and attached them with white string. I chose items that were all about me, part of me and that meant a lot to me. Last but not least I glued on the skeleton leaves around the edge, glued on the pearls, glued on the large ribbon and attached an old amber pendant that was my Nana's to the bottom of the ribbon with copper wire and voila that is my treasure box!
jewelry pendant for inside box; scrapbook paper; canvas stickers; Brown Staz On Ink; Leaf Stamp
Are you bad--- enough? You'll be asked to reach out of your box once again, as well as look deep inside!!!! One lucky random drawing winner for Challenge #3 will receive a $20 Gift Card to shop like a Bad Girl in the cherished Bad Girls Boutique! (We have decided to rotate prizes.) Sound intriguing? We give you the rules below- just 6 steps!
NOW IT'S YOUR TURN!
*Challenge 3 – Paper Mache Blank (any shape or subject, usually craft store item)
- Theme – Self-Portrait (about you, present/past/future, serious or fun, etc…)
- Required material – Found Objects (junk drawer stuff related to theme/story)
SIX RULES TO FOLLOW
TO WIN $20 GIFT CARD TO BAD GIRLS BOUTIQUE:
1. You must leave a comment here on this blog post with one word that describes YOU
3. You must use the theme Self-Portrait (about you, present/past/future, serious or fun, etc…)
4. You must use Found Objects/Junk Drawer Stuff related to theme/story(such as trinkets/baubles/pieces/charms/hardware you find/collect or purchase at scrap/stamp stores, flea markets, etsy, antique, etc.)
5. Upload Your One Photo, yes, ONE Photo, of Your Project to Our Project 52 Gallery by November 21, Midnight Pacific Time (time zone converter) If you have additional photos, link to them in the description from either your blog or from photobucket.com